Skip to main content

6 Questions and Answers with Austin Silent Market Real Estate Agent; George Vance McGee 512.657.9281 georgevance@gmail.com

What inspires you to do what you do?

GVM:  Real Estate has been the most enjoyable, lucrative, creative and entrepreneurial job I've ever had. I've learned to embrace the no salary full sales and leasing commission work lifestyle. I am an Austin local and "Unicorn." I was born in this city, well-raised, and educated within it. I sometimes tell my clients, "I'm like a teacher with all the answers, and you can cheat with me." I'd also like to praise my awesome broker and dad for teaching me how to fish in Austin, Texas Real Estate.

What's one piece of advice you'd give to people looking for their dream home?

GVM: Excellent Question, if you are a buyer, getting pre-qualified with 1-3 local on-call mortgage Lenders in advance of your shopping is critical. Lenders will help you understand your true buying budget, what you feel comfortable with as a monthly payment, and will help supply credibility and letters upon signed contract offer time. For Buyers, it can often take a while, so get shopping, get looking, make some offers and "get in the game." After missing on a few close buys, it will re-assure your best efforts when the ideal YOU home is discovered. 

On the flip side, I inform tenants on the move, procrastination is your friend. Landlords with vacant properties, want instant decent tenants and rental income. So go tour 4-6 Vacant Rental Properties and make an honest, quick aggressive tenant offer with an ASAP move in date. An ASAP move-in date meaning, like tomorrow or this weekend. Few Landlords will hold vacant active rentals for over 1 full month in time.

  Got advice to those who are selling?

GVM: Test your Properties potential Sales Value on our "Silent Market." 

The Austin Silent Market is an ideal and proven brokerage method to test a possible sales price, and general buying marketplace interest. The Austin Silent Market's decades of industry experience, word of mouth advocacy and relationships with professional working realtors and builders, will enlighten us both to the ballpark realm of your property's allure and possible sales price range. 

As a seller in Texas, remember  Buyers have ALL of the OUTS, in the Texas statewide TAR Residential Promulgated contract. I'd recommend countering unsigned until you as the seller truly have  all of the terms you feel comfortable with. Act as if these are the closing date terms and stick to them if at all possible.

Sum up Austin, Texas in Five words or phrases:

GVM: Boomtown, Bohemian, Fresh New Faces, Expensive, Opportunistic

 What do you consider your "special skill"?

GVM: I'm not afraid to cold call and discover off-market properties for my personal clients and our Austin Silent Market Clientele. Part of my prospecting job is to hunt, discover, and learn of new off-market or potential new non-MLS seller opportunities. Buyer's love being the first to be presented of an off-market possible new property for sale and potential deal. Seller's would ideally love to sell and cash out, without enduring the active MLS drama show. I'd like to think our Austin Silent Market clients live UPSTREAM, from the rest of the marketplace. 

 What's one thing people might not know about you?

GVM: I have 4 webbed toes. On both my left and right feet, my 2nd and 3rd toes are webbed together. It's normal to me, but funky to others. Usually people never notice it, even when I wear sandals or swim in the summer. My mother was a half webbie. I'm a full webbie. If others do notice, I then follow up and tell them I also have gills and can breath underwater, just kidding. Yet who knows, maybe that extra webbed push helped me in my youth high school and college sports career. I did compete for 3 years at the University of Texas Club Lacrosse level, after years of Multiple Varsity 5-A Level Athletic Team Competition at Stephen F. Austin High School

Connect with Austin Silent Market Licensed Real Estate Agent = George Vance McGee 512.657.9281 iphone, georgevance@gmail.com











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Per Moneywise, Grant Cardone says, "I wouldn't touch the real estate markets of either Austin, Texas or Seattle Washington with a 10 foot pole."

‘I wouldn’t touch Austin, Texas or Seattle, Washington with anybody’s money’ : Grant Cardone says these two major US cities are some of 'the worst markets to be in right now' for real estate investors — here's why Story by Bethan Moorcraft • click here for the exact moneywise article  prolific real estate investor Grant Cardone has singled out two U.S. property markets he wouldn’t touch with a 10-foot pole: Austin and Seattle. Cardone shared this hot take — and many others — in an  interview with Moneywise  after he prompted an AI chatbot to answer the question: “What are the 10 best markets for investing in rental real estate in America?” The AI Smith response started with: “The best markets for investing in real estate in America can vary depending on factors such as population growth, job opportunities, rental demand, affordability and potential rental income.” Up until that point, Cardone — who performed the task live on camera — was pretty happy with the response. But

Sad News. Tim Harrington of Austin, Texas passed away in mid-February 2024 from a heart attack. His Memorial Service is 2/29/2024 2 pm, @ Austin Ridge Bible Church in Westlake.

  George Vance..... Just making sure you know that Tim Harrington passed away last weekend. Heart attack.  Tim’s Memorial Service will be: 2/29/24 at 2 PM at Austin Ridge Bible Church at 9300 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, TX 78733 in Westlake. At the Worship Center building. Please spread the word. GVM speaking here, "Tim showed up on my 40th birthday at Pitch N Putt for an afternoon of golf and bullshit. Tim was in good spirits that afternoon after boasting of his mega million dollar commercial fresh sale in SoCo. St. Elmo @ the ol' Hills Cafe.   Tim was a former SOUTHWESTERN door to door salesman and alumnus like me. A fellow bookman. Tim showed up @ my BookPeople booksigning event, for the "The Nation We Live In."   Overall Tim was a good man and character . A worthy Austinite!  Tim Harrington was quick to make friends. Just in February, randomly Tim and I participated in 3 straight days of Champions Real Estate School (off Hwy 620 & US 183) for full day required clas

Click here to watch GVM's Unicorn 1 minute Rant against the "concrete vision plan" for Zilker Park & Barton Springs Pool

Click here and skip to 1 hour 30 minutes to VIEW the Unicorn's GVM 1 minute testifying Downtown Austin City Hall council chambers Rant! Or below is a TIK TOK, my brother Willy McGee created for fun..